- This event has passed.
Kwantlen First Nation Community-based experiential learning session
May 9 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Joint Collaborative Committees (JCCs) have partnered with Len Pierre Consulting and Kwantlen First Nation to host a cultural experiential learning session for physicians on Tuesday, May 9th, 2023, from 5:00-9:00pm.
Physicians will experience:
- A deeper understanding about residential school trauma
- Cultural safety education through interactive cultural learning within the First Nation community
- Traditional food, dwelling, songs, protocols, language, history and stories
- Connect with local health staff and providers that work in the First Nation community
- A learning experience that encourages on-going learning and relationship building between participants and Indigenous communities
This session will be located at Kwantlen Cultural Centre, 23907 Gabriel Ln, in Langley. Registration is limited to 40 participants, so please register early.
Please note that sessionals will be covered by the JCCs. Per the JCC Honoraria & Sessional Reimbursement Guidelines mileage of fewer than 50kms one way will not be reimbursed and we will be unable to reimburse for flights and/or accommodations, see link.
For further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.